Horizontal Blinds - How to Remove Additional Slats
- On the bottom rail of the horizontal blinds there are small plugs. The first step is to remove these. Make sure you save them for later.
- Pull the blind lift cords out of the bottom rail and untie the knots.
- You can now remove the excess blind slats.
- Remove the bottom rail from the blinds and replace it in the tilt ladder cord where you took the last slat out.
- Thread the cords back through the holes in the bottom rail of the blinds.
- Re-tie the horizontal blind lift cords making sure the bottom rail rest level on your knots.
- Once you ensure the height is ok and the cords are level, cut the cords just blow the length of the knots.
- Push the excess cords into the bottom rail and replace the plugs.
Blinds Chalet, has more than 25 years of experience selling and installing window blinds and window shades. Attractive, high quality, and durable window blinds and window shades fit any energy saving plan, decorating style, and budget. Blinds Chalet window coverings come from manufacturers who use only the highest quality materials and resources, and each is backed by a limited lifetime warranty. For information on what types on energy efficient blinds, blind accessories, and any other window covering needs, visit www.blindschalet.com.