Blinds Measuring Instructions
Window Blinds Measuring InstructionsYou can mount your window blinds or window shades inside the window frame/casing or outside mounted to the wall above the window. If you are mounting the blinds with an enclosed area such as between two cabinets, follow the inside mount instructions.
In order to mount the window blinds or window shades inside a window casing, make sure you have enough depth to allow room for the window blinds(See figure to the right). Specifications for window blinds or window shades are given on the minimum depths to mount them.
Note: If your window frame depth is not deep enough for a "flush mount" and you need returns on your valance to cover the visible portion of the headrail, please call us and speak to one of our customer service agents prior to ordering.
Need a professional to Measure for you? We have professionals waiting to help you with measuring and install if you need it. Click below or call us at (888) 633-7840 for more information.
Inside Mount Window Blinds and Window ShadesWhen mounting blinds inside the window casing or frame.
- Simply measure the width and height in three different places as shown in the inside mount picture. i.e. inside drywall to drywall or frame to frame.
- It is only necessary to give the smallest width and largest height to an 1/8 of an inch. If your width varies by more than 1/4 of an inch please call for special instructions on measuring.
- Enter exactly what your window frame measures. Take NO deductions.
- Ensure you have enough window depth. See individual products for details.
The factory will take proper deductions to fit the size window you specify.
Outside Mount Window Blinds and ShadesWhen mounting blinds outside the window casing.
- Simply measure the width and height of the window in three places
- Remember it is only necessary to give the measurement to an 1/8 of an inch.
- Horizontal Blinds Add 3 inches to the width and height measurement.
Vertical Blinds Add 4 inches to the width and 3" height measurement. You may also want to add to the width to compensate for vane stack when opened.
You MUST add for overlaps.
NOTE: Measuring instructions in the above video do not apply to roller shades and sheer shades.
Special Blinds Measuring Instructions
Blinds & Shades
- How to Measure For French Door Blinds or Traditional Door Blinds
- How to Measure Blinds or Shades for Corner Windows
- How to Measure Blinds or Shades for Tile or Moulding
- How to Measure Window Coverings for Bay Windows
If you have any window blinds measuring questions please call our customer service department((888) 633-7840) M-F 6am to 5pm MST