Color psychology studies how different colors affect human behavior, emotions, and mood. It is widely used in interior design to create specific moods and emotions in any given space. When you want to enhance your home’s aesthetics or generate a specific ambiance in a room or space, focusing on your window treatments is very beneficial. New window shades, window blinds, or shutters offer an endless variety of options for optimizing color psychology in your home while simultaneously enjoying the benefits of light control, energy-efficient options, and more. Learn how to use color psychology to help you pick the right new window shades for your home or office!
Category Archives: Design Tips
Media Room Update: Add Natural Woven Shades
About Our Guest Designer: Sue of @WoolandVineDesign
Our guest designer, Sue, lives in California and runs a home decor Instagram account at @woolandvinedesign where you’ll find her sharing home improvement projects with her followers.
About the Project: Media Room Update
When Sue decided her media room needed an update, one of the elements she knew she wanted to add to the space was natural woven shades.
Before & After Images: Media Room Update with @WoolAndVineDesign
Check out before and after photos of the media room update project:
When Sue decided her media room needed an update, she knew she wanted natural woven shades in the space.
In the end, she decided on Bali Natural Woven Shades in Spree Studio. Here’s the final look!
The Process: Ordering Custom Bamboo Shades Online
Browsing Products: The process started by browsing the products available on the website. Since Sue already knew she wanted natural woven shades, she could go directly to the bamboo shades section and consider the different options. Tip: When browsing products, don’t browse blindly. There are a number of factors that you should consider right off the bat so you don’t get attached to any options that actually won’t work for your space, your budget, your lifestyle, or your timeline. Different products have different production times – the estimated production time needed for each product is listed on the description page right next to the main image. If you know you want to have your new window shades installed within 4 weeks, you’ll want to take note of any with production times that will fall outside your window. You’ll also want to consider the available color choices, textures, and features available with each window shade.
Identifying the Best Shades or Blinds for Your Space: When attempting to identify the best shades or blinds for your room or space, feel free to touch base with the Design Consultants for answers to questions about the products, how to measure windows, manufacturing times, available features, installation, etc. They’re a great resource – and they’re available by phone, email, or online chat. Access the Online Chat option on the home page.
Ordering Samples: Samples are always a great idea. It’s best to see the different materials in your space with your lighting and decor, etc. During the @WoolAndVineDesign 2021 Media Room Update, Sue ordered samples and received them the next week. Once she had them in hand in her room, she discovered that they weren’t the right color for the space. She quickly ordered a new set of samples adjusting her choices a bit, so she could ensure she’d love the final look of her woven shades.
Measuring Your Windows: Make sure to access instructions on how to measure for your blinds or shades. You can find info on how to measure included on the product pages. Once you’ve accessed instructions and measured your windows, do it again to double-check that they are accurate. There’s nothing worse than ordering a custom window shade in the wrong size.
Ordering: Once you’ve seen your samples (and love them) and you have your window measurements, add your order to your online shopping cart, and process your order.
Shipping: Sue received her order of custom-made Bali Natural Woven Shades in Spree Studio 4 weeks later. Remember, shipping times and production time will vary depending on the product you order. However, you can always log in to your online account at BlindsChalet.com to get a status update on your order or reach out to the Design Consultants for more info on your order’s progress by phone, email, or Online Chat.
Installation Process: Installation instructions and tips for an easy install are included on each product page. If you have questions during the install or before you get started on the installation process, check the product page for detailed information or reach out to the Design Consultants for more info on your order’s progress by phone, email, or Online Chat.
The Finished Media Room Update Project:
Best Shades for Your Window: Why Designers Choose Bamboo Window Shades
* Featured image details: Bali Natural Woven Shades in Cabo Honeynut // Design and Photo Credit: @nestofpetals, Rosana Milam.
Natural Woven Shades Add Texture, An Essential Design Element:
“Bamboo shades have the classic coastal style that fits perfectly with beach house decor, and adds so much texture to a room.” –Kim, @shiplapandshells
If you’ve never considered the need to add texture to a room or you have no idea what that means, you’re going to love hearing more. Texture is actually an essential element in any room; it’s what makes a room feel welcoming, cozy, and finished. In addition to giving us something to look at, they remind us of nature and that’s soothing at a very basic level. You can add texture in many ways: plants, baskets, natural wood grains, pillows or tapestries, rugs, certain furniture, books, architectural pieces…or natural woven shades like bamboo window shades.
Designers Depend on Natural Woven Shades to Add Warmth to the Room:
4 Most Popular Window Shade Features in 2021
4 Most Popular Window Shade Features in 2021:
- Motorized Shades or Blinds: Blinds and shades with the motorized feature added can be opened and closed with the flip of a switch. Options for controlling motorized blinds or shades include a handheld remote control or a wall switch. Examples of window treatments that offer the motorization feature include honeycomb shades (battery operated so no electrical wiring is required to install these motorized shades). Check out our wide variety of motorized blinds and shades. Adding the Motorized upgrade is an option available when you add the product to your online shopping cart, and upgrade fees are listed clearly.
- Smart Hub Motorization: When considering your window treatments, technology is now a factor. Many homeowners and office managers are opting for Smart Hub Motorization. This add-on feature makes it possible for you to open and close your shades before you enter a room, without getting off the sofa, or even before you arrive home from work. Many consumers lean toward Smart Hub Motorization features not just for the convenience they offer, but for added safety.
- Cordless Options: In addition to being clean and simple, cordless options are a safe choice for children and animals. (In fact, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, between 1990 and 2015, there were 16,827 window blind-related injuries among children under six years old). Statistics like this have led to a massive influx in demand for cordless shades and blinds.
- Top Down Bottom Up Feature: The extra control of light and privacy offered by the top down bottom up feature draws many who enjoy natural light in their living spaces, but need privacy and want to enjoy the natural light on their terms. The top down bottom up feature offers the unique opportunity to open the shades to let light in without relinquishing your privacy.
Remember the Point of Window Shades: Privacy & Light Control
Window shades and blinds are designed to provide privacy, control the sunlight coming in from outside, and help maintain a home’s temperature. The plethora of options in today’s marketplace make it possible for the modern window treatment to do all that while also dressing up your home or office’s windows and creating a specific look for your space.
Trends Aside: Find the Blinds or Shades that Suit YOUR Style
How to Choose Window Treatments: The Do’s and the Don’ts
Many consider window treatments the “finishing touch” – kind of like the icing on the cake, but savvy designers will disagree. Window treatments aren’t a finishing touch or a last minute accessory. Rather than thinking of your window treatments as the icing on the cake; consider them one of the main ingredients. If you’re wondering how to choose window treatments, the best advice we can give is to make them one of the top priorities when addressing design elements for your space.