Faux Wood Blinds vs. Real Wood Blinds
When choosing between real wood and faux wood blinds here are some basic pros and cons of each type of window blind.
- Advantages of Faux Wood blinds
- Made from synthetic materials so they are less expensive than real wood blinds.
- More durable. Faux wood blinds are perfect for homes with active children and/or pets.
- Resist moisture. Faux wood blinds are ideal for bathrooms and kitchens where they will be exposed to moisture and steam.
- Easy to clean. Because faux wood blinds can get wet they are easy to wipe down with a wet cloth.
- Advantages of Real Wood blinds
- Look and feel like real wood. Stains showcase the wood grain texture in the blinds.
- Larger selection of colors and stains
- Lighter than faux wood blinds. This is important for larger window blinds. Lighter blinds are easier to raise and last longer.