Miniblinds: Selecting Blinds on a Budget
Jan 16 2010
Many times people choose miniblinds just because of their price. However, you need to be careful in your selection. Just because you are buying your miniblinds on a budget does not mean you need to get cheap blinds that won't last. Here are some suggestions on making sure you get quality blinds at a discount.
Every Budget is Different, Consider Your Options
- Faux Wood Blinds vs Real Wood Blinds
- One of the easiest ways to save money on blinds is by selecting faux wood blinds.
- Faux wood blinds are made to last.
- When you choose faux wood blinds over real wood blinds, you save on price but you are not skimping on quality.
- Aluminum Blinds
- In general, aluminum blinds are cheaper than other styles.
- They come in ½ inch micro blinds, 1 inch mini blinds, and 2 inch macro blinds.
- They come in a wide range of colors.
Choose Quality that Will Last
It is possible to find real cheap miniblinds for your home. There are two major drawbacks though. They come in a one size fits all manner that don't exactly fit your window. The other drawback is that they are not made to last. The cheap material will bend and break very easily. This leaves you stuck with hideous blinds or it forces you to buy new blinds.
Your budget is much better off buying a higher quality miniblind in the first place. Yes, it may cost a little bit more but when you consider the look and quality, it is worth the extra cash. Additionally, if you look in our discount section, you may find blinds very close to the "cheap" blinds but are much better quality.
Post a Comment