Blinds Chalet Announces Top Five Ways to Turn Window Treatments Into Art
Mar 15 2011
Blinds Chalet announces the Top Five Ways To Turn Window Treatments Into Art. “Window treatments are much more than objects that meet an end goal of energy conservation, sun glare reduction or more. Window treatments should be considered as part of the overall design of a room, especially with rooms where bay windows or floor to ceiling windows are already the focal point of the room,” says Chris Stanley of Blinds Chalet.
Blinds Chalet’s Top Five Ways to Turn Window Treatments Into Art:
1. Layer energy efficient, cellular shades with custom drapery. Use decorative curtain holders to sweep the drapes back from the window while maximizing energy efficiency and sun glare reduction.
2. Use a contrasting color to the rest of the interior design. Consider adding a bright bold color through fashionable window treatments like roman shades. Be sure to use a matching valance for a complete, finished look to the window treatment.
3. For an exotic look, pair bamboo or woven wood curtains with decorative window tapes. The window tapes frame the window, protect the window treatments and can utilize either bright bold colors or patterns, creating a frame for the window, or they can use neutral colors for a more subtle effect.
4. Install shutters. This adds a quaint feel to any room. Pair it with a nautical color scheme and let the window treatments stand as the focal point of the room.
5. Paint the window trim as if it were a frame for a piece of art. Use complimentary or contrasting colors of paint.
Window treatments need to be more than functional. They help create the feel of a room and are often where the gaze is trained for long periods of time. Human eyes naturally gravitate towards light; therefore windows are most commonly the first item observed in a room. With the above tips, it’s easy to turn window treatments into pieces of art.
Blinds Chalet Blinds Chalet has been a leader in the window treatment industry for over 25 years. They specialize in cellular shades, window blinds, drapery, drapery hardware, shutters and more.
Post a Comment