Varieties of Roman Shades
Aug 11 2010
There are a plethora of types of and materials that make up roman shades. These window treatments are best known for their opulent feel and touch of elegance and class they bring to a home. They make any room look good and don't make it feel dated. They help reduce energy bills with their energy efficient qualities. They also block out almost all UV rays. Take a look at some of the most enjoyed varieties of these blinds.
1. Light Filtering Roman Shades. These shades are designed to offer privacy while letting light in. Polyester is the primary material used. There are varieties available that are both soil and dust resistant. It's a great way to bring a classic look to a child's bedroom or play area without having to worry about them getting ruined. There are cordless versions available and a variety of colors to choose from.
2. Blackout Roman Shades. Best suited for home theater rooms, these blinds look good while providing a dark, secluded atmosphere. They are great if you have problems sleeping because of the sun coming in through the windows or if you want to watch a movie without glare, or work from home and need a dark space to be creative.
3. Woven Wood Roman Shades. These blinds are pretty cool. They have the feel of the ocean, the beach and palm trees swaying. Synthetic brands avoid warping and maintain their color longer than real woven wood blinds or shades. They look as if branches were woven together and bring a delicate look to a room. These also come in cordless versions.
4. Textured Linen Roman Shades. Linen is a fabric associated with summer. It's breezy and soft. These help open up French doors or large windows. They also work to bring a design element to smaller windows.
5. Satin Roman Shades. Satin just looks good. It works in bedrooms, living rooms and studies. It can help enhance the colors in the furniture or bed linens. It can compliment mahogany and marble. These window treatments come in a variety of colors as rich as their material.
Roman shades are generally manufactured with cords. Therefore, if you have small children or pets you may want to request a cordless version. Most manufacturers offer a cordless variety now and if not, retrofit kits are available to make blinds safe. Discounts can be had on brands when you order from a major on-line retailer. Because they don't pay for rental space and they generally buy in bulk, they get savings they can pass on to you.
As new materials are developed, you can be sure the best of them will be incorporated into Roman Shades. These blinds never go out of style. They look great and increase the resale values of a home. They insulate and block UV rays. There's no reason not to buy some Roman Shades today.
Post a Comment
M-F 6am to 5pm
Sat 6am to 3pm PST
Copyright © 2012 Blinds Chalet. All Rights Reserved.