Vertical blinds can help concentration

Jul 7 2010

Vertical blinds can help concentration
Vertical blinds can help concentration
Tony Schwartz, president of the Energy Project and author of "The Way We're Working Isn't Working," recently wrote about the American addiction to e-mail on The Huffington Post.

An informal poll that Schwartz conducted found that 60 percent of the respondents claimed that they spend less than "two waking hours a day... disconnected from e-mail."

He compares this phenomenon to the late 1960s marshmallow experiment, where only 30 percent of children were capable of waiting fifteen minutes to eat a marshmallow placed in front of them. The other 70 percent, he writes, were "low delayers," who could only stare at the marshmallow and had extreme difficulty adjusting their focus.

The trick to prying yourself from e-mail, Schwartz suggests, is to "strategically train our attention" somewhere else. When leaving the Blackberry, laptop, and iPhone somewhere else, try to sit down with no distractions.

Of course, to seal distractions from an area you need something that can act as a partition. Vertical blinds can be the ideal barrier in crowded houses, especially if you want to divide one room from the rest of the busy house. They fit perfectly on sliding glass doors leading to the porch or glass doors leading to living rooms and offices.
Bookmark/Share this page:
DiggFacebookRedditStumbleUpondel.icio.usGoogle

Related Products

Legends 3 1/2" PVC Vertical Blinds
Prices as low as
$38.16
Smooth PVC Vertical Blinds
Prices as low as
$42.93
Perforated 3 1/2" Vertical Blinds
Prices as low as
$53.23
Premier 3 1/2" Vertical Blinds
Prices as low as
$49.49

Related Articles

Nov 10 2011'S' curve line is among most unique vertical blinds from Blinds Chalet
Oct 19 2011Computer eye strain can be relieved with choice of window coverings
Oct 13 2011Smooth PVC vertical blinds offer a contemporary style at affordable prices
Sep 30 2011Screen panel track blinds solve the problem of covering extra large windows
Sep 21 2011Light control easy to accomplish with vertical blinds