Window Shades: Quick Start Guide to Choosing the Right Blinds or Shades
Jan 19 2010
Is it time to replace your old worn out blinds and window shades? Did you start looking for the replacements and get overwhelmed with the many options? If you need help sorting through your options, then this guide is perfect for you.
Consider the Look You Want
The first thing you need to decide is how much light do you want in the room.
- If you have a TV, then a light filtering shade may be best.
- If you sleep during the day or have a home theater, then you would want to go with blackout shades.
- If you want to preserve the view, then a solar screen shade is for you.
- If you need or want both a light filtering and privacy, then a day and night shade is the way to go.
Choose the Material
Your next step will be choosing the appropriate material.
- Bathrooms, Kitchens, Laundry rooms and other high humidity places require Aluminum, Faux Wood, or Vinyl blinds.
- Fabrics and textured blinds go well in areas where there is no fear of stains.
- Wood blinds give the home a rustic look. They are perfect for areas not exposed to water or humidity. Since they are lightweight, real wood blinds are a nice covering for a large area and work well as vertical blinds.
Post a Comment