Mini Blinds: 3 Tips to Keep Your Blinds Looking Like New
Jan 15 2010
You can save yourself some time and money if you take the time to properly care for your mini blinds. This may sound a little too much like a mother hen, but you can add years to your blinds simply by doing an occasional thorough cleaning.
Follow these three tips to keep your window treatments looking like new.
1. Clean your blinds 4 times a Year
If you want your blinds to stay looking like new for years to come, then you will want to do a deep cleaning four times each year. Our recommendation is to clean them with the turn of the season. The rest of the year you need only dust them off to keep them looking fresh.
2. Deep Clean Vinyl and Faux Wood Blinds with Soapy Water
Vinyl blinds will need a good bath to keep them looking fresh. Here's how to do it.
- Add a few drops of liquid dishwashing soap to a bucket or large bowl.
- Fill the bucket with warm water just as you would for dishes.
- Gently wash fingerprints, spills, and stains from the blinds.
- Dishwashing soap is best to cut the grease off kitchen blinds.
3. Remove Lint and Pet Hair with Tape
If you do not have a lint brush, then tape works wonders. Tear off a long piece of tape (8 to 10 inches.) Make a loop with the tape. Then gently run the tape across the blinds to pick up all types of lint, dust and pet hair.
Following these three deep cleaning tips will keep your mini blinds looking like new all year round.
|Classic 1" Aluminum Mini Blinds||Embassy 1" Mini Blinds||Privacy 1" Mini Blinds||Levolor 1" Riviera Classic Metal Blinds|
Post a Comment