Blinds Chalet Announces Top Five Window Treatments for Nurseries
Jul 26 2010
Bringing home a newborn baby is a life-changing moment. Parents want to offer their children the best life possible, and that starts with setting up a room that will offer comfort, calmness and a peaceful atmosphere.
Everything from the color of the paint, to ceiling fans to window treatments can affect mood. Window treatments are especially important in nurseries because they can help control glare, adjust direct or indirect sunlight, provide insulation and more.
However, above all, window treatments need to be safe. As parents position cribs near windows for light, they should also be aware that hanging cords could be a hazard to children’s safety. It is imperative that parents install cordless blinds if children will be in a position where they might be able to reach cords or get tangled in them. Fortunately there are options in almost every design of blinds that can work in a baby’s room from aluminum mini-blinds to satin roman blinds.
With all of these factors in mind, Blinds Chalet has compiled the Top Five Window Treatments for Nurseries:
1. Deluxe 3/8” Double Cellular Shades: These shades offer insulation against summer’s heat and winter’s cold. Light filters through nursery-inspired colors like blush, buttercup, putty, snowflake, serenity and sunset. These warms colors bring a calm, relaxed element to any room. The cordless blinds ensure children will be safe. One-day production is available for in-stock colors, making this a perfect blind for parents who have been overwhelmed finishing up work projects and realizing they still have an unfinished nursery.
2. Satin Roman Shades: These Roman Shades are available in a cordless version. The luxury finish of satin creates and elegant, stylized room for a baby’s first years. The full folds or the teardrop style are optional. These blinds are also available in room-enhancing colors such as sea foam, golden summer and spring blossom.
3. For those looking for an inexpensive decorating option, 1” Cordless Mini Blinds fit the bill. Priced reasonably, these window treatments still allow control of light, making it easy to create a dark sleeping atmosphere during the day when kids often find it hard to settle down for naps. There are a variety of colors and these blinds work for oversize windows as well as for normal-sized windows.
4. Deluxe 3/4" Blackout Single Cell Shades: These shades provide an elegant wider pleat with excellent light blocking ability. They are lined with a mylar insert to block out light. These are ideal for rooms that get 24-hour light from street lamps, or other light sources. They will help provide a quiet, comfortable atmosphere so babies will get the best night’s sleep possible. They come with a limited lifetime warranty and are made in the USA. With colors like Beechwood, Bluegrass and Dogwood, they conjure up images of nature.
5. Cordless Translucent ¾” Single Cell Shades. The spun lace honeycomb shades offer privacy from the outside while still letting your baby find his/her rhythm with the cycles of day and night. They will also protect the baby from the sun’s direct rays and help insulate the room against drafts.
“It is imperative that parents order cordless blinds when decorating a baby or child’s room,” says Chris Stanley of Blinds Chalet. “We believe the blinds above offer a variety of elegance and practicality as well as safety for any nursery.”
Post a Comment
M-F 6am to 5pm
Sat 6am to 3pm PST
Copyright © 2012 Blinds Chalet. All Rights Reserved.