Q:I ordered my woven wood shades too wide. Is it possible to cut the bamboo blinds down?
A:If the woven wood shades have an edge binding, cutting down the shades will be more difficult as the edge binding must be removed.
- In order to cut down bamboo blinds, we recommend attaching painters tape to the edges to prevent the delicate edges from splintering and breaking.
- Roll the bamboo shades tightly around the headrail. Make sure the edges are even as you roll so when they are cut they will remain even.
- Tape the rolled bamboo blinds in the center to hold them in place.
- Measure and mark the natural woven shades where you wish to cut them. You can either cut both sides evenly or simply cut one side only if there is a minimal size reduction needed.
- Saw the blinds including the wood headrail.
Note: Typically any adjustments to window blinds or shades will void the manufacturer warranty and it is the responsibility of those performing modifications to create clean cuts, measurements, etc.
Bookmark/Share this page: