Q:How do I remove the existing honeycomb cell shades that are mounted in my windows?
A:Removing honeycomb cell shades will vary slightly based on the brand but more on the style. For instance, a standard lift or a top down bottom up cell shade will have different mounting hardware than cordless cell shades. Here we will discuss the various types and how to remove each.
Standard Lift and Top Down Bottom Up Cell Shades
- To remove the headrail from the brackets, grab the headrail and push it backward.
- Tilt the backside of the headrail down.
- Once the back of the headrail clears the brackets, pull the headrail off the front of brackets.
- Remove the brackets by unscrewing the screws holding the brackets.
Cordless Cell Shades
- To remove the headrail you will need to press the tab on the bracket located on the back of the headrail away from the window shades. You may need to use a screwdriver to do this. This will release the back of the headrail.
- Drop the back of the headrail away from the brackets.
- Lift the cell shades up and off the front of the mounting brackets.
- Remove the mounting brackets by unscrewing the screws holding them in place.
Embedded below you will find a video that walks you through the process of removing your existing cell shades without damaging them.
Bookmark/Share this page: